Symbiota Kombucha Kit - Complete kit, Organic SCOBY, utensils + ingredients
Symbiota offers a complete premium-quality kombucha kit, making fermentation easy! All you need is water to get started. Read more
Symbiota offers a complete premium-quality kombucha kit, making fermentation easy! All you need is water to get started.
Your kombucha kit includes:
- 1L Symbiota Jar
- 1 Live and healthy kombucha SCOBY to last a lifetime
- Organic Sugar to get you started
- Organic Fair Trade Biodegradable Black Teabags to get you started
- 1 "No-rust" Stainless Steel lid unlike metal lids that rust
- 1 Finely-woven elasticated cotton cover to keep your ferment clean and safe
- Easy-to-follow Instructions
- Customer support
What is kombucha?
Kombucha is a fermented sweetened tea loaded with antioxidants, vitamins, probiotics and minerals to improve our health and wellbeing. Kombucha has been around for more than 2000 years and makes a great alternative to soda or juices. Kombucha can be brewed and flavored to your desired taste and fizziness.
How Do I Make Kombucha?
Symbiota's kombucha kit includes everything you need to get started, all you need to add is water. Simply brew your tea, dissolve sugar in the tea, let it cool to room temperature, add your kombucha SCOBY culture and let it sit to ferment for a few days. Once your ferment has reached your desired taste, you can then bottle it and flavor your kombucha using fruit, spices, herbs etc. Bottling your kombucha will increase the carbonation, resulting in a healthy probiotic drink.
The Symbiota Difference:
- All cultures are grown under MPI license
- Cultures are nurtured right up to the time of dispatch
- Premium quality utensils and ingredients
- Beautifully aesthetic for every kitchen bench top.
- 100% Natural kombucha.
- No stabilisers, preservatives or additives.
Free shipping for orders over $150!
Check out our current shipping charges below:
- Auckland (Orewa to Pokeno) - $8
- Auckland Waiheke Island (Waiheke can incur an extra charge for bulky items - our team will get in touch if needed) - $20
- North Island Urban - $9
- North Island Rural - $11
- South Island Urban - $11
- South Island Rural - $16.50
We know there's nothing more exciting than your online order arriving on your doorstep as quickly as possible which is why we try our very best to process all orders on the day they are placed!
While we try to have most products in our store and warehouse at all times if the product is not in stock we will order from our New Zealand-based suppliers. We will contact you to advise you of this and inform you of any delivery delays.
We focus on keeping our product prices as low as possible rather than building shipping costs into the price and then offering "free" shipping on everything. These fees are not about making money but simply recouping the shipping costs particularly for larger items.
Additional charges may also apply to bulky orderthat measure outside the normal courier package parameters. Our friendly customer care team will contact you right away if this is the case.
Home Essentials makes returns easy by letting you return your purchase to us within 100 days for a full refund or exchange. All you have to do is get it back to us. Please note that for us to accept a return, the product just needs to be unopened, unused, undamaged and in the original packaging.
If your purchase doesn’t quite meet these requirements, we will contact you right away.